A wrongful death is the result of negligence, carelessness or a reckless act of another person or corporation. Some common causes of wrongful death include: car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, bus accidents, drunk drivers, pedestrian accidents, construction accidents, and defective products.
A family who has lost a loved one due to the negligence, carelessness or intentional actions of another may be entitled to monetary compensation under wrongful death law. Although no amount of compensation could ever replace a loved one or take away the pain associated with a loss, obtaining justice through monetary damages can bring peace of mind and ease financial worries related to the family member’s death.
If a wrongful death has occurred to a loved one, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Compensation for your pain and suffering
- Recovering the loss of earnings of the descendant
- Compensation for your loss of companionship
- Reimbursement for burial and funeral expenses
- Recovery of your present and future financial losses
- Reimbursement for your out of pocket expenses
- Reimbursement or payments of any medical expenses incurred
If you have lost someone you care for who was the victim of a wrongful death, Lexlee Overton is capable and ready to help you.
Get in touch with Lexlee – click here »